Yesterday morning our dear cat of 19 years… (she has been mine for the last 2), died a traumatic and horrific death. I am in shock and therefor not my usual skippy self. I plan on taking time away to put together a Tiki Memorial which i will post here. I just wanted to explain why my header is not Mt. Sutro right now and my page is in black… It is still active and you have found it but it is experiencing some deep sadness and am in deep mourning.
Miss you little critter!
If you or a loved one has recently lost a beloved pet, the SPCA recommends the following reads…
- Grieving the Death of a Pet
By Dr. Betty Carmack, R.N., Ed.D., Augsburg Publishers 2003
- Losing A Best Friend, a collection of articles compiled by the San Francisco SPCA
- Pet Loss: A Thoughtful Guide for Adults and Children
By Herbert A. Nieburg and Arlene Fischer, Harper & Row, 1982
- When Your Pet Dies: How To Cope With Your Feelings
By James E. Quackenbush and D. Graveline, Simon and Schuster, 1985
- Living Through Personal Crisis
By Ann Kaiser Stearns, Ballantine, 1984
- Coping With Sorrow On The Loss of Your Pet
By Moira Anderson, M.Ed, Alpine Blue Ribbon Books, 1996