… I would like to address this to all of you. You know who you are. You are incredibly arrogant to believe that you have a right to the really REALLY unbelievable attitude you seem to feel you deserve towards our city and its residents that already live here… Here is a response to a response from an article that i read in support of these tech assholes who are (to me personally) out of their fucking minds… Here you go.. I think it explains it pretty well to you all.
This is the problem we have with you all and your point of view….
Ps. i am a little bit mad.. If you go and read the threads above mine, you can see where this agression lies…. I do apologize for the tone in this setting for you….
“What the F*** I mean is who the hell do you think you are to think that you have any right to come into a world class town and abolish its history. You godam tech narcissists think that the world owes you a world of gratitude and the ability to take whatever you see that you want. Again, i have to ask you… Who the F*** ARE YOU? … other than some ignorant uneducated in ANY OTHER field than the tech industry egomaniac? Are you serious here? You are going to look back (i would normally expect but with you lot, i am just going to hope.) and feel so ashamed. Ashamed of your shortsightedness, ashamed of your greed, ashamed of your insensitivity and ashamed of your choice to want to destroy history for many generations to come. You at that point SHOULD feel ASHAMED! SHAME ON YOU!! I think it is time for you all to open up some books… real books, Not some C+ manual. Take a look (and then… try to..) read some of them. You will soon learn just how deeply entrenched the REAL (curent or former) SF means to people outside of your little foggy bubble. Right about now, i bet that most of us “old timers” would actually chose to give up “technology” and go back to the dark ages if it were to mean that we could have our people filled with soul and compassion and diversity back as our neighbors. I know i would trade you and all of the tech that you so praise in a HEARTBEAT. I lived once without it and did just fine… i am sure I could survive just fine… Dont so much know how well you all would do though. Cant wait to find out maybe someday. When that happens, i am grabbing my popcorn and chair and catching a front row view of your well deserved melt down!! As well as i am pretty sure quite a few others. You aint makin any friends here with that f***** up attitude of yours and it needs a re-evaluation… FAST!!”
If you want to read the actual article and ALL of the comments (beware they can get a little agressive. Clearly this is a passionate topic for all involved)… you can read it here…
Let me know what you think and what side of the coin you chose to fall on ok? Thank you!!
- San Francisco Struggles With Decision That Could Help Some Homeowners–and Hurt Renters (blogs.kqed.org)
- What is up with the arrogant attitudes of the new influx of San Francisco residents towards those that they are displacing? Even the mayor’s! (bluepearlgirlsworld.wordpress.com)
- Rebecca Solnit: Google Invades (lrb.co.uk)
- Rental Fever: Penny Pinching? Rentals for Under $1,700 (sf.curbed.com)
- About the Bay: SF Parking Costs For 2013 (sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com)
- How San Francisco Has Changed Since Hitchcock’s ‘Vertigo’ (Photos) (blogs.kqed.org)
- California’s Hollow “Comeback” (blogs.the-american-interest.com)
- Is San Francisco The Brooklyn To Silicon Valley’s Unbuilt Manhattan? (theawl.com)