Is it just me or does this happen to other people too? I have a feeling it does. It happens like maybe one or two times a decade… where i will be living within a particular set of emotions. They seem to be wide ranging and diverse, but… alas… they are just the ones that have been chosen by my brain to do the job of living. It is the safe set. Sometimes not a healthy set, but it is a functional set.
I do once and a while think to yourself… gee, i havent really cried or been super happy or felt attraction towards another in a really long time. How about anyone else?
Then, who knows how what or why, something or someone unleashes a whole barrel of new and often raw emotions into your brain and body. It is not that they are bad emotions, it’s that they just have not stretched their legs in so long, it feels a bit like your life as you know it has been hi-jacked by your own hidden emotions that suddenly came to life!
I think that this is a good thing on most accounts in the big picture. You are more alive at that moment than at any other, pretty much. Your emotions are far from dead! And dead is what kind of rut the usual emotions were making you feel. Maybe not dead but dulled. Programed. You get what i mean right?
These unleashed emotions always catch me off guard… every single time. And i fight them. I hate them. They deem me out of control compared to my safe set world. They make me do rash things and make me fear that these new powerful unleashed emotions may take over my personality and lead me blindly into a dangerous situation for my heart or my head or my life.
But i know how to rid myself or tame them as much as i know how they got awakened. I dont know what to do with these feelings. I am not prepared. I feel exposed to the world and i feel like i could do damage that can not be repaired.
Maybe if i just walk away from the (usually is a person…) situation that these feelings have come to play with, then i may be safe.
…If only life and the complex that is emotions were that simple and easy! No. But that is what it is to be alive right?? To feel and to think. Hopefully in a way that can make us see things anew.
- Emotional health (lameesea.wordpress.com)
- Change the way you feel! (dailymeditationsforyou.com)
- Why do I listen to music while I write? (shaneconnorblog.wordpress.com)
- Making Room For Chaos (ateachablemom.com)
- How to Embrace Vulnerability and Ultimately Live a Life of Purpose and Meaning (withanopenheart.org)
- A contemplation on emotion. (mindmachinations.wordpress.com)
- Emotionally Responsible (adventurerthoughts.wordpress.com)
- The Ugly and The In-between. (catiaholmgren.wordpress.com)
- The Dormant Demon (manyfoggydays.wordpress.com)
- On the Fault Line. (imperfectlady.typepad.com)