I came across this article today talking about having the city of SF buy a gas station on the south east corner of Divisadero st. and Fell St. This gas station sits directly across the street from a BP and adjacent to a Shell.
Here is the full article for you if you want to check it out. http://district5diary.blogspot.com/2013/03/plan-to-turn-arco-station-into-park.html)
Gee… Isnt it interesting that they are trying to buy the busiest AND CHEAPEST of 3 gas stations on that block and the only one that is not owned by the hugest oil companies on the planet.
If they (SF) are going to buy a gas station, go across the street to the BP on the west side of Divis.
Since that one changed from being a 76 station, it is the most expensive and the least busy of the gas stations on the whole block. Not to mention that the Bi-rite would then have some adjacent land for people to buy a picnic and eat lunch.
Let that end of fell, oak, divis and scott be the gas end. That way you keep it all on one side of the street on a block that has little in beauty going for it since the other 2/3 is a shell and a carwash.
I just do not find it surprising that they want to eliminate the markedly cheapest gas in that whole part of town. Plus… When did we have enough money to buy a gas station (to make a park 2 blocks from GG park and 1 block from Alamo square. Not like they are lacking in parks around those parts!) Fishy!!
Something smells fishy… AGAIN!! surprise.. no. sad face… 😦
- San Francisco Criminal Lawyers at Beles & Beles Announce No Cost Case Evaluations For People Hiring a San Francisco Criminal Defense Lawyer (prweb.com)
- Why aren’t government services on your iPad? (mypersonalipad.wordpress.com)
- State Sues BP, Arco Over Alleged Environmental Violations At Gas Stations (sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com)
- MapQuest gives iPhone users free navigation (reviews.cnet.com)
- How San Francisco Has Changed Since Hitchcock’s ‘Vertigo’ (Photos) (blogs.kqed.org)
- Marina District Gas Station Robbed (sfappeal.com)
- Opposition grows against San Francisco’s bicycle tracks (aviewfromthebrink.typepad.com)
- Biking the train to the swap meet, or life in a carbon-proportionate world (svenworld.com)
- Supervisor (And Victim) Mar Calls For Hearing On SF’s Bike Theft Trend (sfappeal.com)
- Biking to Tacos, Ramen, and Beer From the Lower Haight (haighteration.com)