Here i lay at my familiar crossroads of travel… Should i fly home or find a rideshare? There are pluses and minuses to both… Here they are….
positives and negatives of flying…
- The swift amount of time it will take to travel from Las Vegas to San Francisco.
- I flew out on Virgin America and it was the easiest flight post 9/11 i have taken. No lines ANYWHERE! and the flight got in early.
- Virgin America has a Giants Baseball channel on the onboard tv’s that you can watch!
- I would get to see the world from above.
- Cost me $250 to get out here when i bought my ticket the day before i had to come. (with 10 day advanced booking it would have been $79 not $211!).
- Transportation home from the airport would have to be arranged.
- Just damn stressful dealing with homeland security at the airports.
The positives and negatives of Ridesharing…
- The ease of not having to go through security and adjust how i have to pack. (this is a big one!)
- Not having to submit my freedoms to some min. wage worker who has control over my future by homeland security. (i just read that the Supreme Court ruled for a case that basically says that anyone can be CAVITY SEARCHED without any charges being pressed on them!)
- SO MUCH CHEAPER!! (although i am not paying for it, i hate wasting other peoples money! Unless it is Corporate America’s!!) It would cost me at max $50 to get home as a vehicular passenger.
- Get to meet and talk to a total stranger.
- Easy drive. 9 hours so can be done in a day.
- Get to see the central valley as we drive by.
- Can actually sleep possibly on drive home.
- Can get all the way home to my front door without having to do a change of transportation.
- Do not have a lot of opportunities to be a car rider (or driver for that matter!… I have no car in SF. You dont need one if you are smart!)
- MAY find a driver who is 420 friendly 😉
So, thats the pluses and minuses of my options. I am going to take whatever i can find and hope that it is not the most stressful way possible for me to travel! Fingers crossed!!
- SideCar launches ridesharing service in Seattle (bizjournals.com)
- Jason Shen, ridesharing entrepreneur (careerhoot.com)
- Trend alert: Explosion of peer-to-peer rideshare services in Singapore, parts of Asia (sgentrepreneurs.com)
- Social Ridesharing Pioneer Ridejoy Receives $1.3 Million in Seed Funding (prweb.com)
- Former Cabbie: Ridesharing is the Future (shareable.net)
- Cash, prizes to be awarded to Rideshare Month participants (sanluisobispo.com)
- ZoomPool Connects with Eventbrite: Easy Ridesharing for Events (prweb.com)
- Instagram Your Virgin America Experience for 30% Off Flights (jaunted.com)
- No More Pink Mustaches? PUC Orders Cease-And-Desist For Ridesharing Apps (sfist.com)
- Investors like SideCar rideshare service (sfgate.com)