I dont know what it is about the guys here that are reading the community postings on Craigslist in Las Vegas NV. Either i am extremely unlucky or L.V. has a serious problem with how the guys here think, & how they should treat a woman. They have absolutely NO shame about inappropriate behavior towards unknown females. Let me tell you!!
I am out in Las Vegas not for a pleasure fest or to gamble and party, but because my father is dying here. He had a fall last week and we thought we were about to lose him. I was asked to come out ASAP so i bought a ticket to arrive within 24 hours of the call. Because the flight was so last minute, it wasn’t cheap! $234 + tax and fees to be exact. It cost my dad (who was kind enough to pay for it!) paid a little over $250 one way.
That seems like a lot of money to me and since he is paying out of pocket for his meds right now, i did not want it to total $500 to get me here and back to San Francisco, SO, since i have always had a good experience with rideshare, it was 1/5 the cost and i never ride in cars anymore… AND i also had the time… i decided i would post a basic ad on Craigslist with my phone # & a photo. The photo didnt last longer than it took my first harassing caller… a Mr. Hassan Abrahim (at telephone # 618 410-1446. & who was too stupid to block his # before he decided to send me lewd and agressive text messages! Stupid DoucheBag!!) to call (within the first 2 hrs of the poist being up… & at like 6pm!) Anyway, today i decided that i would do a reverse phone search to see if i could find out who was agressively sexually harassing me via text the day before. I cant wait for you to see what i found! I found his name with a reverse call search. There were 2 comments with one of them saying that he owned property. You can see why i was surprised and a little alarmed when i then searched his name and found this…
(btw, shortly after that, i pulled the photo off the post!).
But that was only the first! in less than 12 hours three more slimy ass dudes hit me up wanting there to be some “fun” on the ride or they were not interested in just saving some money on gas to take me.
Is every city apart from the coasts this disgusting and crude when it comes to desperate (i just have to say it too… and cheap! They could and should pay a professional for a request like that!!) total scumbags trolling the COMMUNITY pages (yes i said that right. These guys were not even hitting on the strictly platonic posts from girls in the Personals section… No! They were trolling up next to the Pets page and Volunteers postings!! That is some SERIOUS trolling!!
It turns my stomach to see the respect for women slide so far into the gutter that these so called men actually think they have a right to ask and project such an insane notion to a total fucking stranger. Probably too pussy to propose such a lewd thing to a womans face! They are a bunch of pathetic lonely ass twats that should stick to what they know… video games and Klenex and spare the general population the sorry ass behavior that they are representing.
Anyway, i may have found a decent ride home but it is not until Tuesday. At least i have free lodging, food and FULL CABLE TV.. with ALL movie channels!! I can easily kill an additional 24 hours here without ever dropping a dollar on a slot machine! Yea! Plus.. more time with my dad and although i miss my little rescue kitty Arthur, he is being well cared for by a friend who i am having stay in my room while i am away. She is in between apts. so she can stay and take care of the king (Arthur) as long as i need her to. Things could be worse i suppose.
I would be interested to hear if anyone else has been experiencing this sort of thing around the country / world or if it is only indelible for Las Vegas??
- To Rideshare or to Fly… That is the question….! (bluepearlgirlsworld.wordpress.com)
- November Air Dates for Las Vegas, Nevada are Released by Today in America TV (prweb.com)
- App-Solutely Money in Las Vegas (prweb.com)
- SideCar launches ridesharing service in Seattle (bizjournals.com)
- AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH, Part I (dlisted.com)
- It isn’t Condoms that will drive the porn industry to Nevada (randazza.wordpress.com)
- Burley motel murder suspect arrested in Las Vegas (ktvb.com)
- Man sentenced to death for Las Vegas Strip slaying (sfgate.com)
Here i lay at my familiar crossroads of travel… Should i fly home or find a rideshare? There are pluses and minuses to both… Here they are….
positives and negatives of flying…
- The swift amount of time it will take to travel from Las Vegas to San Francisco.
- I flew out on Virgin America and it was the easiest flight post 9/11 i have taken. No lines ANYWHERE! and the flight got in early.
- Virgin America has a Giants Baseball channel on the onboard tv’s that you can watch!
- I would get to see the world from above.
- Cost me $250 to get out here when i bought my ticket the day before i had to come. (with 10 day advanced booking it would have been $79 not $211!).
- Transportation home from the airport would have to be arranged.
- Just damn stressful dealing with homeland security at the airports.
The positives and negatives of Ridesharing…
- The ease of not having to go through security and adjust how i have to pack. (this is a big one!)
- Not having to submit my freedoms to some min. wage worker who has control over my future by homeland security. (i just read that the Supreme Court ruled for a case that basically says that anyone can be CAVITY SEARCHED without any charges being pressed on them!)
- SO MUCH CHEAPER!! (although i am not paying for it, i hate wasting other peoples money! Unless it is Corporate America’s!!) It would cost me at max $50 to get home as a vehicular passenger.
- Get to meet and talk to a total stranger.
- Easy drive. 9 hours so can be done in a day.
- Get to see the central valley as we drive by.
- Can actually sleep possibly on drive home.
- Can get all the way home to my front door without having to do a change of transportation.
- Do not have a lot of opportunities to be a car rider (or driver for that matter!… I have no car in SF. You dont need one if you are smart!)
- MAY find a driver who is 420 friendly😉
So, thats the pluses and minuses of my options. I am going to take whatever i can find and hope that it is not the most stressful way possible for me to travel! Fingers crossed!!
- SideCar launches ridesharing service in Seattle (bizjournals.com)
- Jason Shen, ridesharing entrepreneur (careerhoot.com)
- Trend alert: Explosion of peer-to-peer rideshare services in Singapore, parts of Asia (sgentrepreneurs.com)
- Social Ridesharing Pioneer Ridejoy Receives $1.3 Million in Seed Funding (prweb.com)
- Former Cabbie: Ridesharing is the Future (shareable.net)
- Cash, prizes to be awarded to Rideshare Month participants (sanluisobispo.com)
- ZoomPool Connects with Eventbrite: Easy Ridesharing for Events (prweb.com)
- Instagram Your Virgin America Experience for 30% Off Flights (jaunted.com)
- No More Pink Mustaches? PUC Orders Cease-And-Desist For Ridesharing Apps (sfist.com)
- Investors like SideCar rideshare service (sfgate.com)