If this child is lucky, Adele will be passing her chops on to future generations! She was AWESOME live!
Due to my early youth as a young raver back in the early 90’s, i had to post this. Here is to you Wicked crew! Cheers!
Ok… This is crazy! The artist must be a very little person with very little hands to be able to make these awesome sculptures in the eye of a needle!! This takes a very particular mind and pair of eyes and hands to be able to create the below. It is not me that is for sure! I say Bravo!
Another wonder from one of my favorite artists… Phil Hansen (yes, this is the same one that did the Amy Winehouse piece i posted and the piece i posted day before yesterday with the pancake piece.)
This is one of the most creative methods of advertising I’ve ever seen. Jobs and lead creative advertising itself together.
This is another link to the awesome SF skydive.
This is such an awesome video of some skydiving over San Francisco where they land on buildings and have guys doing bike tricks, and repelling down the building ( maybe civic center?). Really cool!
Too cool not to re-blog.
One man’s trash is another man’s treasure (or amazing art installation).
An art installation recently popped up on Botafogo Beach in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil that showcases three gigantic fish made from discarded plastic bottles. The title of the installation is “recycle your attitude”.
The sculptures were created to raise awareness for the recently completed United Nations Conference on Sustainable Development, dubbed Rio+20 – a conference held to discuss and promote environmental protection.
Pretty great right?
too cool for school that is for sure!
Pretty clever as always. From his frozen wine Amy Winehouse portrait to a kung fu portrait of Bruce Lee using just karate chops to place paint, this guy never stops with his creative endeavors. This time… Pancakes! And such beautiful pancakes too! For any creative foodie who really wants to impress that person that finally stays over and allows you to make them breakfast… You will for sure steal their heart if your delicious food looks this cool!
Enjoy a few pictures i stumbled upon, with bicycles as the anchor.
Bike made for 5!
No comment needed.
Clever concept, hard to ride though….
A DOUBLE penny farling!
Comb bike rack
parent and child penny farling!
- The Benefits of Riding Your Bike (freepeople.com)
- Repurpose Bicycle Handlebars Into a Fun Indoor Bike Rack [Repurpose] (lifehacker.com)
- Biking in Manhattan: What You Need to Know (parkingsigns.net)
- Happy National Bike Month! Here are 7 Boston Bike Blogs Worth Reading (bostinno.com)
- Sacramento firm racking up sales in bike docks (sacbee.com)
- 13 Cool and Crazy Variations on the Bicycle (libgrl.wordpress.com)
- On your bike (greenbarefeet.wordpress.com)
It is a great day when i finally see some (people) saying ENOUGH spending for only the rich when our basic needs are falling to the wayside!
Santa Clara was told yesterday that they would NOT be paying back the $30 million dollars that the redevelopment agency borrowed before the state broke up their program.
Now the counties have say in how any funds left in those redevelopment accounts are going to be used. And they have stated yesterday that they will NOT be paying back the $30m that was arranged to pay back the stadium after the funds were lent by the stadium so it could be built.
This is by no way going to effect wether or not the stadium will be built.
the 49ers loaned Santa Clara leaders the remaining $30 million and started construction, thinking they’d be paid back from future property tax revenues.
There’s just one glitch, however: The new state law gives counties complete control over doling out the property tax revenues from former redevelopment areas. At a meeting in Santa Clara City Hall on Friday, the oversight board voted 4-3 to keep the money from the 49ers and spend it instead on local governments and schools.
“Let’s be real: That stadium is going to get built whether or not you get this $30 million,” county tax collector George Putris, the oversight board member who proposed the motion, told a 49ers attorney at the meeting.
Friday, the oversight board voted 4-3 to keep the money from the 49ers and spend it instead on local governments and schools.
YEA!! Finally someone has some sort of head on their shoulders thinking about those other that the ones that can afford a $300 a seat ticket to see a football game! The basics of a community are being finally given proper consideration in regards to badly needed monies!
This whole 49er stadium has not come about in a way that has been respectful or even considerate to those long time SAN FRANCISCO 49er fans, NOR Candlestick, NOR even the city of SF! It is a big old fat cat money game, riddled with corruption and HUGE payoffs.
This stadium is going to be built. There is nothing that we can do about that. The 49ers are going to be leaving SF by 2014 (they even got it fas tracked so to eliminate one extra season in SF. And they are even going to try and keep the name SF 49ers.
That all sucks!. Up until this point, there has been not a single snag in this development for the rich. I think it is awesome that they may have to find this $30 million on their own. I am sure that they have got it, but it at least lends to a little bit of stress in the process.
San Francisco with the main help of Mayor Ed Lee, who is taking all sorts of back room deals by courting all these big businesses in the attempt to lure them to SF to set up camp. Just look at the skyline. It is growing exponentially in its shape.
I personally see a lot of building for the rich and nothing to even maintain basic basics for the poor and low income let alone infrastructure… Especially in housing.
Long story short, we have been sold out. And i believe Santa Clara was well (or is) on its way to the same fate.
It is really satisfying to see that there are still a couple of public officials tucked away in the wings who is ready to say NO. We really need more of it these days or the whole bay area is going to become one giant exclusive place for only the rich to live and play.
I dont know about you, but the rich may be rich with money, but they are poor in spirit and compassion. These two things are what make up a heart and soul of any city!
At least we will have the memories right?
- San Francisco Votes To Let 49ers Break Lease A Year Early (bayarea.sbnation.com)
- County suddenly yanks $30 million in tax funds from San Francisco 49ers stadium (mercurynews.com)
- Santa Clara 49ers? OH HELL NO!!! Something STINKS around that project! How very DARE they steal our SF 49ers!😦 (bluepearlgirlsworld.wordpress.com)
- Some Fans Priced Out Of Season Tickets At 49ers Santa Clara Stadium (sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com)
- Video: Setting scene from 49ers minicamp (espn.go.com)
- Gold rush begins: 50,000 seats in San Francisco 49ers new stadium go on sale Monday (mercurynews.com)
- Playing the 49ers stock market: Seat values can rise, fall sharply (mercurynews.com)
- Santa Clara shovels begin end of 49ers in S.F. (sfgate.com)
- 49ers stadium in Santa Clara now ‘fully funded’ (sfgate.com)
- 49ers Reach First Milestone On New Santa Clara Stadium (bayarea.sbnation.com)
- Santa Clara Stadium Construction Ramping Up Quickly (sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com)
- San Francisco 49ers have Released the New Santa Clara Stadium Pricing, but Who’s Buying? (prweb.com)
I am not regularly a huge fan of pop music… the cheezieness, the productional values, the general lack of diversity and creativity not to mention talent…. However i am and have always been incredibly moved by incredible vocals. They can take me places other sounds rarely can.
Although this is from about 5 years ago, it is such an awesome performance that translates to empowerment. It is truly empowering to see and hear Christina Aguilera – It’s A Man’s World – Grammys 2007 performance. For those of us women who may be feeling like their spirit has been week lately. This one is for you. It is a stand alone performance that she not only OWNS, but sings the heck out of.
Maybe it will help to recharge your vigor ladies!… Men, enjoy a hot chick who can go toe to toe with the great James Brown!
If you havent seen the Sexy Sax Man, then your life has not been complete. This is a good video to keep around in a favorites folder, because it never is not funny. It can brighten anyones day!
AND… if you did not get enough in the first video, to dig a little deeper, here is some unreleased footage and behind the scenes to get to know the Sexy Sax Man a little better!
Happy Weekend all!
i took an offroad tour of Lanai. It is so beautiful. There are petrogliphs and natural morters worn into large grinding stone (with about 10 of these mortars on it.) It is a very special place that has been very well preserved. Hopefully Ellison will continue with that good stewardship!
We have a local SF artist by the name of Barry McGee who is one of the godamn coolest artists i can think of. I have this secret crush on him or his work or his attitude or something. He is just so fucking amazingly talented and so down to earth and true. He is an authentic street graffiti artist as well as an Art Institute of San Francisco (the oldest art school west of the Mississippi!) grads and now is one of their highly regarded alumni. I would give my little pinky to be able to watch him in action. I believe that creativity just flows through those highly trained eyes and hands.
His story is of success but also tragedy due to his loss of his (also super talented and AI trained artist) Margret Kilgallen with whom was married to and just had baby, to a quick acting cancer in 2001. She was only 34 years old.
Thankfully Barry McGee forages on with the new role as parent but with success surrounding his every step.
I heart you Barry McGee!
- Barry McGee Solo Exhibition @ PRISM Gallery Recap (slamxhype.com)
- LA – Barry McGee New Works (05.11.12 – 06.30.12) (hustlerofculture.com)
- Exhibit of S.F. Safe Injection Site Ends Next Week (blogs.sfweekly.com)
- Vandal Defaces Picasso in Museum (huffingtonpost.com)
- ART HK 12 Hong Kong International Art Fair 2012 Recap (hypebeast.com)
I came across this posting on twitter. It made me feel better, i hope it does you too!
1. This picture of Chicago Christians who showed up at a gay pride parade to apologize for homophobia in the Church.
… and the reaction from the parade.
2. This story about Japanese senior citizens who volunteered to tackle the nuclear crisis at Fukushima power station so that young people wouldn’t have to subject themselves to radiation.
3. This picture of two Norwegian guys rescuing a sheep from the ocean.
4. This sign at an awesome bookshop.
5. This poll about what Snooki should name her child.
6. The moment in which this Ohio athlete stopped to help an injured competitor across the finish line during a track meet.
17-year-old Meghan Vogel was in last place in the 3,200-meter run when she caught up to competitor Arden McMath, whose body was giving out. Instead of running past her to avoid the last-place finish, Vogel put McMath’s arm around her shoulders, carried her 30 meters, and then pushed her over the finish line before crossing it.
7. This exchange between a 3-year-old girl and a shopping center.
8. This note that was handed to a waiter along with a $20 bill by an elderly lady in his restaurant.
9. This sign at an awesome Subway restaurant.
10. This picture of a villager carrying stranded kittens to dry land during floods in Cuttack City, India.
11. This sign at an awesome drycleaner’s.
Elite Cleaners in Minneapolis helped over 2,000 unemployed workers that couldn’t afford dry cleaning. Owner Don Chapman estimated that it cost his company $32,000 dollars.
12. This photograph of a man giving his shoes to a homeless girl in Rio de Janeiro.
13. This picture of a firefighter administering Oxygen to a cat rescued from a house fire.
14. And this one.
15. This interaction between a Guatemalan girl and a tourist she just met.
16. This gesture from a neighbor.
17. These photos of two children collaborating to rescue a dog who had fallen into a ravine.
18. This note on a young family’s check.
19. This exchange between a protester and a soldier during a protest in Brazil.
20. These pictures of a man jumping into rough waters to rescue a stranger’s Shih Tzu in Melbourne.
Sue Drummond was walking her beloved Shih Tzu, Bibi, on a pier in Melbourne, when a fierce gust of wind picked him up and hurled him into the rough waters of the bay. A passerby, Raden Soemawinata, who happened to be on the pier that day to scatter his grandmother’s ashes, wasted no time in stripping down and diving into the bay to rescue the animal.
21. And this photograph of two best friends on a swing.
I was shown this lil video last year by my now x-boyfriend. So, i did get something out of it! Just kidding. I wish him the best.
Anyway, this video is HILARIOUS!! The guys name is actually Steve Moore known as The Mad Drummer.
I crack up every single time i watch that video, but, in all fairness, this guy is Really Good!
And to prove it, here is a video without the awful ensemble!
If you have not taken the 9 minutes or so that this piece of film is, your life is not complete. You just need to sit back and watch, It is like ‘Battle at Kruger’ but with thousands of people vs. the military police. The people just wanted to pray at the time they prey and boy did they fight the right fight so they could! I love how the religions protect the other in this piece. It is just a beautiful display of man! Bravo Egypt. Bravo!
Would love to thank AirportsMadeSimple for doing this piece and including my uncle Dick Elliotts (Richard C. actually) installation called “Eyes on the World” at Sea Tac Airport. I just saw his email now and he would have included a link to his art. I didnt get back to him in time, so i will give you it now. http://www.reflectorart.com. A BIG thank you!! :))
There is the more to the laws of attraction than we even understand… And no, it is not getting that guy over there to ask you out… but i guess it could….
This is one of the proudest moments i have had in a long time. It has been a few years since i scored 100 on any test. I did this tese a few years ago and was sure i had aced it. Wrong! It is much harder than it looks. However, several years later and with more study and focus, i finally proved to myself that color or the eye for it really is one of my gifts. (not exactly lucrative but it is better than nothing!) …Now if i just knew how to parlez having a 100% correct eye for color (out of 100 points i got 100 points) into a more $$ stable profession than fine artist, that would suite my geriatric years a lot better!
Anyway, take the test! It only takes a few minutes and it is fun. Plus, you may learn something about your own vision that you were unaware of too.
It was just a matter of time!
I was watching a movie called The Red Violin. While watching it, my brain started thinking about how stringed instruments seem to resinate with our emotions. It is almost like the pitch of the cello is the same wavelength as the feeling of sorrow etc.
Anyway, from here i started wandering through thought and realized that there are things that i am pretty sure of if not damn well sure of, that one could never prove. They are just things that happen to be true. Some of the things I know due to personal experience, some are just innately obviously so. All and all it still tells me the last one all over again and that is that we just dont know much.
So, here is my short list… Do you agree? What is your list?
- Music has power. Music reaches a deeper level in our souls than most other things.
2. Love is the most powerful thing in each of us
3. Greed is a close CLOSE 2nd.
4. Some people are born with old souls.
5. Animals feel complex emotions. (sorry… i could not just give you one picture of animal love! I just love the animals too much to chose!)
6. Some people actually CAN see people’s color auras. My dad’s friend predicted my grandma’s death after meeting her once about 6 hours before she died. She told my dad BEFORE she died that she was surrounded in a death aura. She died 4 hours later.)
7. Music is linked to memory. If you need to memorize something, put it to music. You have a much better chance of keeping it in the memory banks! For godsake, if you see the words and put a bouncing ball over it as it goes, you will NEVER forget it! Just ask me… i’d be happy to sing you the Pete Ellis Dodge commercial from the early 80’s!
8. Dreams, smells and music are the only things that can take you back to a specific time and place for a moment.
9. color CAN effect your mood. Paint is the cheapest bang for the buck for house improvement!
10. We are not supposed to live forever. Everything is ephermal.
11. And finally, although we are unlocking a lot of knowledge now with the help of science, our brains have a long way to go! We are in our infancy when it comes to accessing the brains powers.
Well, what do you think? come on… Dont be shy! Please tell me any that were missed on my short list. They just come to you. You know these things but dont ever really think about it. So when one does, write it down!
As i have been trying to rack my brain all afternoon trying to think of what i wanted to share with you today… It has been painful and pretty unfruitful. Thank goodness for me, i prepare for days just like this, and i dig deep into the vault of most insane most incredible most coolest things and sometimes some really cute things too. (i am a sucker for cross species friendship… beware. you have been warned!)
Anyway, this is a video of a news story that came out a few years ago back in 2008, but just 4 years later, is not THAT long ago. I have a feeling not too much has changed.
So all you ladies in the house, unless you are from Russia of course!… Be thankful for where you have to exist because i sure would not want to be a single mom or professional woman in that country!!
When the quake struck at 5:04pm, I was at my High School. I was waiting for my mom after swim team practice. Our school was off of Old San Jose Rd. which was about 8 miles directly south of Loma Prieta. It was pretty crazy to say the least.
I remember a lot of things about the earthquake and the chaos that ensued but one of the biggest things that stands out in my mind was the sense of community that was formed out of necessity. We did not have the bullshit of all of the red tape, or social parameters that we so strictly live by these days. It was neighbor helping neighbor and everyone did help. It was effortless. It was smooth and efficient. It was beautiful. When i think about how society is breaking down with all of the corruption and greed that we are drowning in today vanishes when the structure of our society gets shook up. We dont need some committee or rule telling us every inch how to live our lives. We KNOW how to live our lives. And without that meddling, true community sprouts up effortlessly. We dont need more laws and groups telling us what is good. We as humans KNOW what is good. If we could get less interference, we would be able to see that we do good things because that is our nature… not because we are told to and if we dont we get into trouble.
While i am waiting patiently for our next big shaker so that rents go down, i from time to time watch this video to remember just who is in charge… hint… it aint us!
When i was in my early 20’s to late teens, i was trying to get my mind around outer space. It was mind boggling. Then i saw a piece on Puma Punku and realized that i did not have to go so far to find crazy unexplainable mysteries. They are right here on earth!
Everybody knows about Stonehenge and the Pyramids etc. But that is nothing compared to Puma Punku up in the high desert of Bolivia. The cuts in the stone is so perfectly smooth and angles so perfectly sharp and 90degrees and cut into diorite which is the 2nd hardest stone on earth. Nothing is stronger except diamonds. They even poured moultin metal to make staples! There is just no explaining Puma Punku. It boggled my mind in 1993 and it still does to this very day.
If you think we are highly knowledgeable about where we came from and how long we have been here on earth, then you need to do some exploring because there are places on this planet that are just unexplainable. True mysteries in our civilization of the 21st century.
I do not think that we have the knowledge or ability to grasp the knowledge of our past on planet earth. I do think though, that we are barley scratching the surface in regards to our intelligence and advancements in our pasts. I hope you enjoy and find it as mind blowing as i do! Do a little more research on it… i dare you!
Click the link… it is worth it! These photos are amazing!
Although i love watching shows like My fair wedding and Say yes to the dress, I personally can not invision any type of over the top or church wedding. The most i have envisioned was maybe eloping with a couple friends to Vegas or even better Reno! I could not imagine spending 5-6k on a dress and another 1/2 that on a cake. It not just comes down to the stress of planning something so huge, but i can not justify spending that stupid kind of money on something that is so elaborate and lasts one sweet day, (and i also think that the more production, the bigger jinx for the success for the marriage. It makes more sense to do some large celebration after 10 successful years of marriage not before the tough stuff actually starts!)
However, there are some simple things that are romantic and make for a special occasion that i do like the idea of that do not to seem in fashion. A tiny wedding with friends and family. A good meal and good dessert. Pretty flowers. A wonderful honeymoon weekend…. You get the idea. I do not want to be married i City Hall or at some super expensive resort. I dont know where i would want to get wed if not an elopement but i do know what i do not want.
Then i came across this little video. I think out of all of the cable weddings that i have seen and even the actual weddings that i have been to, this is the MOST TOTALLY ROMANTIC WEDDING I have ever watched. I am proud to have these clever in love folks claiming the city as their home too.
Maybe we should start taking a cue from them. I think that their wedding is not going to be something that they will ever forget! It is so romantic, especially with the parents on bikes too! It is such a touching love story and i do not even know what the love story is. I am just going to stop talking and let you all just watch and enjoy!!
- Elopements are the new wedding trend (mnn.com)
- Backyard Denver Wedding by Save the Date Events (stylemepretty.com)
- Baby boomer weddings tend to be low-key, involve family (boomercafe.com)
- Who says you have to spend 50+k on your wedding? This is the sweetest in true SF style. (bluepearlgirlsworld.wordpress.com)