Go ahead and laugh. And then explain just how my door tonight became locked from the inside when i left the room empty and dead bolted when i left…?
I know we have a ghost here. It seems that i often seem to have a ghost that resides in my residences. And my childhood home growing up we even wondered if we had a ghost.
This apt. is by far the most active hauntings than all of the others. In this house, i finally got haunted by having something (my iphone mind you) fly across the room! I luckily had a witness there with me so she can confirm that i am not delusional and vice versa. That time we were the only 2 people in the house.
Usually the ghost likes to play what i like to think of as hide and seek with my stuff. I have found that if i tell it to put it back right now… it gets found in often an absurdly unbelievable spot (like the middle of my bed or right on the middle of the floor or even in my own lap… AFTER i have stood up and sat back down!).
Tonight though, it managed to lock the other lock in my room that can only be locked from the inside. Lucky for me i was able to take a bicycle spoke and wrench it back to where i could open the door. This is the only time i have ever had this happen and it is somewhat disturbing… mostly because my little baby kitty Arthur is in there. but also because… THAT IS MY ROOM!!
I went down and talked to our downstairs neighbor Mary one time and what she told me, scared the pants off of me.
Mary has lived in the building for over 40 years, raising 3 children here after arriving from Nicaragua. Mary is the shit! I really dig Mary. She is a sweet lady. However, i speak no spanish and she speaks some english but is much more comfortable in spanish.
Over a conversation lasting about 45 minutes, i got up the nerve to ask her if there was any paranormal incidents here when her boys were living up here. She told me this…
She said after one of her sons had moved away for college, he had moved back to the house (so he was a grown up by then.). She said he was upstairs taking a nap when he came bounding down the stairs screaming and crying. She made a big issue of this because i get the feeling that she was not used to seeing her son in such a state.
She said “What happened? What is it”??
He went on to tell her that while he was resting, he was levitated. LEVITATED!!
Now, i have never experienced being levitated but i know that there is enough unexplained phenomenon here that enough people have seen it or had it happen to themselves that i am finally not looking quite so crazy when i come bounding out of my room mumbling …god damn ghost….
It is a curious thing though. Dont you think?
Have you ever been “haunted” before? Please share your story! It is hard to know how wide spread these things are if no one ever talks about them! Wouldnt that suck for me if i am the only one… I had never thought of it like that…. uh oh! ;)
- Fancy a bit of ghost busting this halloween? (visitwales.co.uk)
- Top 10 Haunted Cities in America – Rent.com | The Shared Wall (rent.com)
- Most Haunted Destinations in Canada – As Voted By You! (flightnetwork.com)
- Ghost of Snowman Photographed, Confirmed by Forensics (bolognaornot.wordpress.com)
- Ocean Born Mary, or why a ghost is good for business…. (yankeeskeptic.com)
- ECCC | ‘Ocean’s 11 in a haunted house’: Williamson, Sudzuka bring ‘Ghosted’ to Skybound (robot6.comicbookresources.com)
- Now Fear This: The Changeling (satelliteshow.wordpress.com)
- Whale-y Of A Tale-y: An Asylum Review (averystrangeplace.com)
- True Blood Star Encountered Ghost At Haunted Winery (contactmusic.com)
- “Unhappiness” – Franz Kafka (biblioklept.org)