Reid and his boyfriend John Fox have been 2 of my closest and dearest friends for almost 20 years. They moved to Mexico two years ago after Reid’s brother (who was living in Mexico) went missing and was later found to be murdered. In the process of looking for his brother, Reid fell in love with the community that his brother had decided to call home for 21 years. After dealing with a lot of paperwork and legal tangles here in the states, John and Reid ended up moving down to the community that his brother had made his own. They had been down there for a little over a year.
We dont know what the cause of death is (possibly a blood clot from some small surgery to his toes 2 days prior. Regardless, he passed in his sleep while staying with John at his mom’s house.
When someone asks you… do you know anyone who has a perfect relationship? Most of the answers will be no. However, i did have one. One perfect pairing that lasted from start to finish for 21 years. This is John and Reid. They found each other early on in life and decided to be together then and there. Since then, they have formed a bond so tightly that they worked almost more as a single unit. They perfectly complimented each other. There was never a time where some other person put their relationship at risk. They loved being a couple. They were one.
How John will go on with the last half of his life? It is going to be tough i am sure. They planned on being together for much MUCH longer than this! John is strong though. He was the one that was more of the anchor and i am glad that it is him and not the other way around that has to pick up the pieces because i dont know if Reid could have if the tables were turned.
So on this season of thanks, i have to thank you Reid Gilbert. You brought this world so much happiness. You were one of the very best ones one could find. Even if you did not know Reid, we all have lost a giving loving soul. He was an amazing person who will be missed so much for so long.
So, for me, although the world did not stop for us all on Dec. 21, 2012, It did stop for Reid, and in turn, our lives (those who knew him) have ended an era as well.
I LOVE YOU REID GILBERT! I HOPE YOU CAN SEE FROM ABOVE, THE POSITIVE IMPACT YOUR LIFE HAS MADE ON SO MANY AND THAT YOU ARE AT PEACE. THANK YOU!! I miss you so!
- Celebrating The Life Of Michael Shull For Christmas (foxcharlotte.com)
- Giving, Not Getting (phylliswriteswords.wordpress.com)
- What Does Christmas Mean to You? (susannenelson.wordpress.com)
- Viewpoints: Grief is difficult at Christmas, but there are reasons for joy (sacbee.com)
- Spare a Thought for Those Who Mourn (rdhomestaging.wordpress.com)
- Solo Christmas (createdavidt.com)
- The True Meaning Of Christmas (auniqueworld.wordpress.com)
- Moments: On Christmas, Mourning, and Family (mrsfringe.wordpress.com)
- Remembering Jen (hoagiestyle.wordpress.com)
- A Time to Mourn, A Time to Speak and Act (ezerwoman.wordpress.com)