I was watching a movie called The Red Violin. While watching it, my brain started thinking about how stringed instruments seem to resinate with our emotions. It is almost like the pitch of the cello is the same wavelength as the feeling of sorrow etc.
Anyway, from here i started wandering through thought and realized that there are things that i am pretty sure of if not damn well sure of, that one could never prove. They are just things that happen to be true. Some of the things I know due to personal experience, some are just innately obviously so. All and all it still tells me the last one all over again and that is that we just dont know much.
So, here is my short list… Do you agree? What is your list?
- Music has power. Music reaches a deeper level in our souls than most other things.
2. Love is the most powerful thing in each of us
3. Greed is a close CLOSE 2nd.
4. Some people are born with old souls.
5. Animals feel complex emotions. (sorry… i could not just give you one picture of animal love! I just love the animals too much to chose!)
6. Some people actually CAN see people’s color auras. My dad’s friend predicted my grandma’s death after meeting her once about 6 hours before she died. She told my dad BEFORE she died that she was surrounded in a death aura. She died 4 hours later.)
7. Music is linked to memory. If you need to memorize something, put it to music. You have a much better chance of keeping it in the memory banks! For godsake, if you see the words and put a bouncing ball over it as it goes, you will NEVER forget it! Just ask me… i’d be happy to sing you the Pete Ellis Dodge commercial from the early 80′s!
8. Dreams, smells and music are the only things that can take you back to a specific time and place for a moment.
9. color CAN effect your mood. Paint is the cheapest bang for the buck for house improvement!
10. We are not supposed to live forever. Everything is ephermal.
11. And finally, although we are unlocking a lot of knowledge now with the help of science, our brains have a long way to go! We are in our infancy when it comes to accessing the brains powers.
Well, what do you think? come on… Dont be shy! Please tell me any that were missed on my short list. They just come to you. You know these things but dont ever really think about it. So when one does, write it down!